Last updated on JULY 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Middleware - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release Oracle11g]
Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Due to security reasons the console-ovd~1.log file needs to be relocated from its default location (ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/OVD/ovd1) to a different directory.
According to Table 6-7 of the Oracle Process Manager and Notification Server Administrator's Guide it is possible to use the COMPONENT_LOG_PATH environment variable to provide "absolute path to the log files on disk for your component.
However, after adding the environment variable to the opmn.xml file for OVD process-type, the console~ovd~1.log file is still created under the default location.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Stop the instance: opmnctl stopall
2) Make a backup copy of the ORACLE_INSTANCE/config/OPMN/opmn/opmn.xml file.
3) Edit the ORACLE_INSTANCE/config/OPMN/opmn/opmn.xml file and add the following lines under process-type id="OVD":
4) Clean up the ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/OVD/ovd1 directory.
5) Re-start the instance: opmnctl startall
6) Checking the "/refresh/home/ovd_logs" directory it is empty.
7) Checking the ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/OVD/ovd1 directory we find the console~ovd~1.log file was still created in the default location.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms