Unknown Delay Between Tuxedo JOLT Client Message Send And Remote Tuxedo Process Executing.
(Doc ID 1683967.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Tuxedo - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unix Version: AIX 6.1
Tuxedo Version String: Tuxedo Version 9.1, 64-bit, Patch Level 158
WebLogic Version String:WebLogic Server Temporary Patch 3 for PeopleSoft 12875006 Fri Aug 19 15:28:18 IST 2011 WebLogic Server 9.2 MP4 Thu Jul 22 09:38:14 BST 2010 1350494
This is the sequence of events observed:
1. WebLogic WLS access log shows HTTP request arriving at web server.
2. Tcpdump traces show the request successfully traveling the network from the web server to the app server machine.
3. Since no send time out is seen, it is assumed that the remote Tuxedo JSH(a JOLT Server Handler) process has accepted and acknowledged the incoming message.
4. A receive timeout is recorded in the WLS logs.
5. Immediately network activity occurs in the Tcpdump traces
6. Simultaneously, the service request initiates on the remote PeopleSoft application server process PSAPPSRV (running/configured in the remote Tuxedo domain) and runs to completion.
From this a blocking condition is suspected in the remote Tuxedo JSH process. Observed that a second request apparently blocking behind the first request when this symptom is observed. Running truss on the Tuxedo JSH process the symptom does not occur.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document