Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When stopping and starting a WebCenter Framework application the 'Edit Page' functionality is not reacting any more in the Administration section.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a WebCenter Framework application
2. Deploy the application to WC_CustomPortal
3. Run index.html and login as administrator
4. Go to Administer -> Assets/Pages and select a page
5. In the 'Actions' drop down list select 'Edit page' -> works fine
6. Stop (Force Stop Now) the application in the WLS admin console - Deployments
7. Start (Servicing all requests) the application in the WLS admin console - Deployments
8. Access the admin page (e.g. fmw11g.vm.oracle.com:8892/Your-Portal-context-root/admin) and login as administrator
(Accessing index.html returns a blank page with the error described in bug 11739860)
9. Go to Administer -> Assets/Pages and select a page
10. In the 'Actions' drop down list select 'Edit page'
-> Nothing happens - the functionality is not reacting at all.
-> NullPointerException in WC_CustomPortal-diagnostics log.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms