When Stopping/Starting A Framework Application 'Edit Page' Stops Working
(Doc ID 1918469.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.181008 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When stopping and starting a WebCenter Framework application, the 'Edit Page' functionality does not respond any more in the Administration section.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a WebCenter Framework application
2. Deploy the application to WC_CustomPortal managed server
3. Access the deployed application in the browser as an administrator
4. Go to Administer -> Assets/Pages and select a page
5. In the 'Actions' drop down list select 'Edit page' -> works fine
6. Stop (Force Stop Now) the application in the WLS admin console - Deployments
7. Start (Servicing all requests) the application in the WLS admin console - Deployments
8. Access the admin page (e.g. http://<SERVERNAME>:<PORT>/<APPLICATION-CONTEXT-ROOT>/admin) directly as administrator
Note: Accessing home page of the application returns a blank page with an error as described in unpublished Bug 11739860
9. In the Administration screen, go to Assets/Pages and select a page
10. In the 'Actions' drop down list select 'Edit page'
-> Nothing happens - there is no response to edit action.
-> NullPointerException in WC_CustomPortal-diagnostics log.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document