Redirected To Previous Tab Page After OAM Session Expired Due To POST Instead Of GET Request
(Doc ID 1926679.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.6 to 18.104.22.168.6 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can be seen using Webcenter Spaces 22.214.171.124 or higher protected by OAM 11.1.1.x resources.
There is also integration with WNA and Active Directory.
The webgate timeout is 30 minutes (1800 seconds).
Some incorrect behaviour is seen after the user has been inactive for 30 minutes or more.
- The pages contain navigation links which happen to fire an HTTP POST request when clicked (e.g. Documents, Blog, Wiki links in the left hand panel).
- When a user clicks on such a link after 30 minutes of inactivity, the request gets captured by the WebGate and the user is redirected to OAM for re-authentication.
- The re-authentication is done automatically via WNA/Kerberos (no login screen is displayed).
- The same current page is simply re-displayed. The new page we expect to see is not displayed this time. This seems to be because the final request is a GET and it doesn't load the requested page (because it doesn't include the POST data).
- When the user clicks on the same link again the page is loaded as expected without the re-authentication loop and the use sees the expected data.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document