Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle SOA Suite - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, SOA Fusion Apps
Rel8 Upgrade: Issues with PO Approval EMail
Reviewing a human task email notification in your email application (Thunderbird, Outlook, etc), you are invited to Approve or Reject the task with the following update;
Access this task in the Workspace Application or take direct action using the links in this email:
Action: Aprove | Reject
If you click on the link for 'Workspace Application' you are take to the login page.
Enter your username / password and you are presented with the Business Process Workspace.
Here you can see the list of tasks in the 'My Tasks' view.
- notice that the url in the browser is http://hostA.domain.com/bpm/workspace
Opening a task in the Workspace view should popout a new browser window and correctly display the task details.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Click on link for Workspace Application in the email notification
2. login to the Workspace application and click on the task in question
- note that the url is http://hostA.domain.com/bpm/workspace/..
3. observe the popout window and the error 'This page can't be displayed, make sure the web address is correct'.
- note that the url for the task details is now http://hostB.domain.com/bpm/workspace/..
4. if you change the popout window to http://hostA.domain.com/bpm/workspace/.. the details will display.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot approve email notifications
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms