Unable To Display Notification Task Details From BPM Workspace After Upgrade To Oracle Fusion Applications Release 8. Browser Reports "This page can't be displayed, make sure the web address is correct"
(Doc ID 1927899.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle SOA Suite - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, SOA Fusion Apps
Rel8 Upgrade: Issues with PO Approval EMail
Reviewing a human task email notification in your email application (Thunderbird, Outlook, etc), you are invited to Approve or Reject the task with the following update;
Access this task in the Workspace Application or take direct action using the links in this email:
Action: Aprove | Reject
If you click on the link for 'Workspace Application' you are take to the login page.
Enter your username / password and you are presented with the Business Process Workspace.
Here you can see the list of tasks in the 'My Tasks' view.
- notice that the url in the browser is http://hostA.domain.com/bpm/workspace
Opening a task in the Workspace view should popout a new browser window and correctly display the task details.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Click on link for Workspace Application in the email notification
2. login to the Workspace application and click on the task in question
- note that the url is http://hostA.domain.com/bpm/workspace/..
3. observe the popout window and the error 'This page can't be displayed, make sure the web address is correct'.
- note that the url for the task details is now http://hostB.domain.com/bpm/workspace/..
4. if you change the popout window to http://hostA.domain.com/bpm/workspace/.. the details will display.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot approve email notifications
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!