OAM Authentication and ldapbind/ldapsearch via OVD 11g AD Adapter Fail Intermittently with "Can't contact LDAP server" error
(Doc ID 1931020.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Virtual Directory - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- OVD 11g
- OAM Authentication as well as ldapbind/ldapsearch via AD Adapter fails intermittently
- The problem is reproducible with the following steps
1) Login to SSO for any application , give user credentials
2) Don’t logout, keep the session.
3) Leave the page idle for some time (example, 15 minutes)
4) Close the window
5) Open new window, try to login again as the same user
6) Authentication Fails
7) Try to do an ldapbind/ldapsearch and this also fails now with error "Can't contact LDAP server"
- The OVD Server diagnostic log shows the following error:
[2014-08-04T10:33:51.234+02:00] [octetstring] [WARNING] [OVD-40066] [com.octetstring.vde.backend.jndi.ConnectionHandle] [tid: xx] [ecid: <ECID>] [URI: /oam/server/auth_cred_submit] Remote Server Failure:<HOSTNAME:PORT>.[[
javax.naming.NamingException: LDAP response read timed out, timeout used:30000ms.; remaining name 'ou=<OU>,dc=<COMPANY>,dc=com'
- Any of the following workaround resolves the issue
1) Restart OVD
2) Connect to ODSM, make any changes to the AD Adaptor and save the modifications
3) Connect to ODSM, verify the AD connection editing the adapter.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document