Admin Console Slows Down With Usage Of Custom Channel
(Doc ID 1955157.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2021
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a WLS domain is created with a custom channel, Admin console begins to be slow. Below is an example of how to reproduce this problem.
- With WLS 12.1.2, create a domain which is constructed on 2 machines. (Suppose these machines are called "MachineA" and "MachineB.")
- Create a cluster on the domain created in 1. Create 2 servers on this cluster. A server is on MachineA, and another server is on MachineB.
- Navigate to protocol -> channel of a server on MachineA. Create a new channel which has any name you want and uses t3 protocol. Set listening address and port. Listening address is an IP address which MachineA has. Port is any port which is available on MachineA. Check "Enables HTTP protocol" and "Enables outbound." After creating channel, save the settings.
- Repeat the same operation described in 3 on MachineB. For MachineB, use the same name for MachineA. Listening address is an IP address of MachineB. Listening port number is same with MachineA, too.
- Access to environment -> cluster -> (a cluster created on 2) -> config -> messaging. Set Unicast Broadcast Channel by the channel name determined on 3. Navigate to config -> replication. Set Replication Channel by the channel name determined on 3. Save these settings.
- After saving, restart 2 servers on MachineA and MachineB to apply these changes.
- Access to the Admin console with a web browser.
Then freezing of Admin console will be confirmed.
When Admin console is frozen, if a thread dump is taken from the process of Admin console, there will be a stack trace as follows.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document