WebLogic Server Fails to Come to RUNNING Mode If Not All RAC LLR Datasources Deploy and Connect
(Doc ID 1958009.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.6 to 188.8.131.52.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Managed server failed to start if all LLR-enabled RAC data sources in a Multi Data Source are not up, even after applying the patch for <Bug 14163426>.
Database is configured with a 2-Node RAC. When RAC instance 1 is down, restarting the WebLogic managed server found the LLR issue.
If initial capacity is 0, the following error occurs:
WebLogic Server will go to ADMIN state unless all its required deployments work. Hence it will always fail if one of the RAC instances is down and initial capacity is greater than 1.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create 2 managed servers.
- Create a machine and add the 2 managed servers to it.
- Create a cluster and add the 2 managed servers to it.
- Create a multi data source.
- Create 2 generic datasources and assign them to the multi data source
- Enable Test Connection On Reserve, LLR and use Non XA RAC type.
- Point each multi data source to each instance of the RAC target multi data source and generic data source to cluster.
- Start the 2 managed servers.
- Stop one instance of the RAC.
- Restart the 2 managed servers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document