Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Internet Directory - Version 10.1.2.3 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 10gR2 to 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error "Type or value exists. orclaci attribute has duplicate value." trying to add Oracle Internet directory (OID) 11g node to Oracle Internet directory (OID) 10g replication group
- Issue has been reported to following specific OID Replication configuration
OID 10.1.2.3 Master (Node 1) --> OID 10.1.2.3 LDAP Replication (Node 2) --> OID 11g LDAP Replication (Node 3)
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Install OID 10.1.2.1.0 (Node 2) and during the installation configure LDAP Replication against OID 10.1.2.3.0 Master node
2. Apply patchset 10.1.2.3 on replica node
3. Install OID 11g, example 220.127.116.11.0
4. On OID 11g server execute "remtool -paddnode" to add this node to existing OID 10g replication group, during the remtool execution specify as the supplier the replica server (Node 2)
5. remtool command fails with next error
Modifying entry cn=catalogs...
Modifying entry ...
Failed to modify entry .
Type or value exists. orclaci attribute has duplicate value.
Failed to add node ldap://oid11g.mydomain.com:3060 to ldap://oid10g.mydomain.com.com:13060
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms