Unable to Pop Message from JMS Queue with Fixed Delay when in Cluster
(Doc ID 1966746.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
(a) In WLS 11g, with the following binding properties:
- adapter.jms.receive.threads = 1
- minimumDelayBetweenMessages = 120000 (for 2 minutes)
- singleton = true
Reference jca config for the adapter for test:
(b) Three messages of the same type are placed on the JMS queue.
(c) Behavior in cluster:
- Two of the messages are picked up at the exact same time and processed.
- The last message uses the minimumDelayBetweenMessages parameter, and waits for the 2 minutes to complete before picking up the last message.
(d) Expected behavior from WLS docs is that, each message should be picked up in accordance to the setting in minimumDelayBetweenMessages, in short:
- Read 1st message, delay 2 minutes, Read 2nd message, delay 2 minutes, Read 3rd message, delay 2 minutes.
The behavior noted in (d) works in single server, but in cluster it behaves like (c).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document