Multiple Database Processes Spawned for Long Running Report When using Oracle REST Data Services (ORDS) / Weblogic
(Doc ID 2004539.1)
Last updated on JULY 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle REST Data Services - Version 2.0 and later
Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 10.3.4.0.1 and later
Oracle HTTP Server - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Several reports are running in acceptable times on the database (they have been optimised) as monitored through AWR reports and through SQLPLUS from the Weblogic but there is a significant delay in the data being displayed in the Apex application in the browser.
In monitoring the SQL sessions generated on the database by an APEX session, it has been observed that:
- A new database session is spawned every 5 minutes.
When a new session is spawned, the current session becomes inactive.
- Eventually the user sees a HTTP 500 error.
- The following messages appear in the OHS error log (ohs1.log). These messages correspond to the new database sessions spawned, and the eventual HTTP 500 error:
- APEX version: 4.0
- ORDS 2.0.8 deployed through WLS. using Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) and the WLS plug-in
- When request are made directly to the WLS managed server, rather than through the OHS, the error does not occur.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Option 1: Turn OFF Idempotent in the Web Server Plug-in Configuration|
| Option 2: Modify the Failover Timeout (WLIOTimeoutSecs) in the Web Server Plug-in Configuration|