Info Only Fields with Default Values on Search Page Are Not Included in Search Query
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If you have a rule that sets some fields to Info Only with default values, and you go to the Profile Search page that uses that rule, those fields and their values are not included in the search query.
If the rules are set to be Edit or Hidden fields (with default values) rather than Info Only, the fields and their values are then included in the search query.
To reproduce the issue:
- Create a rule that sets a field to be Info Only with a default value.
dDocType set to Info Only with <$dprDefaultValue="Binary"$>
- Create a profile that uses this Rule.
- Turn on this tracing at Full Verbose:
system, requestaudit, systemdatabase, search*
- Go to the Profile Search page, and verify that the field is set to Info Only with a default value. Run the search.
- Check the server output for the search query. You will see that it doesn't include the field or the default value.
- Change the field to be Hidden and rerun the search from the Profile Search page.
- Check the server output for the search query. You will see that it now does include the field or the default value.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms