RSS Is Caching 404 Response For Vanity URLs That Do Not Exist
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Sites - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When accessing a vanity url that does not exist yet, the vanity url returns a 404 response. This vanity url/404 response is cached in the RSS Vanity Url cache. Even after creating the same vanity url from an existing asset, if accessing the vanity url in a browser via RSS again, still returns a 404 as the response was already cached. The RSS Vanity Url cache needs to be flushed first, before the vanity url would be able to return a valid response.
Below is an example:
1. There is a static page with hard link of an invalid vanity url, as the asset for it does not exist yet: '/test/yetToPublishVanityUrlPage'
2. Next access the non existing page using the vanity url through RSS.
3. RSS returns 404 response. And there should be entry in the RSS Vanity URL cache for this page such as:
deliveryrss:port/test/yetToPublishVanityUrlPageThursday, May 14, 2015 16:46:52 PM EDT Thursday, May 14, 2015 16:46:52 PM EDT asset-null:null
4. Now create a page asset & set the vanity URL to 'yetToPublishVanityUrlPage' on Source environment and then publish to Delivery environment
5. Now try again accessing above page using the same vanity URL (http://deliveryrss:port/test/yetToPublishVanityUrlPage)
6. Response is going to be still 404 and RSS Vanity Url cache needs to be flushed to see the page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms