Static Images not Displaying in APEX 5.0 or after Upgrade from APEX 4.2 to APEX 5.0
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle REST Data Services - Version 2.0 and later
Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) - Version 5.0.0.00 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. APEX 4.2.X was configured to display a logo which was referenced as either #APP_IMAGES# or #WORKSPACE_IMAGES#
2. A new APEX 5.0 instance was created and the application was imported into it.
3. The application works runs with no errors but the logo does not appear in the 5.0 application.
4. In the 5.0 Builder:
a. The image can be seen under Shared Components -> Static Application Files
b. The logo reference is correctly configured in Shared Components -> User Interface Attributes -> Logo
5. When the APEX pages is run, "View -> Source" from the browser shows that the image is referenced correctly:
a. wkspace is your workspace name
b. 105 is your application ID
c. r is the new path alias required for APEX 5.0
6. Both the 4.2.6 and 5.0 APEX instances are accessed using ORDS 2.0.10.
Exported an APEX 4.2.6 application with a static LOGO image to APEX 5.0
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms