GlassFish JMS Resources Connection Factories Does Not Display With RuntimeException Error
Last updated on JULY 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle GlassFish Server - Version 3.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Example: 18.104.22.168 version:
Using a fresh install from patch 147912-15 (22.214.171.124). After creating the JMS connection factories with asadmin commands and
then logging into the admin server, clicking on JMS resources the connection factory on the Web GUI returns RuntimeException error.
This error also happens when creating a new JMS resource under the Web GUI admin.
The following error occurs is seen:
Unable to access the JMS on the AdminGUI from Web and getting 500 error. The GlassFish server.log may have the following error
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. After creating the JMS connection factories with asadmin commands.
2. Login to the admin server, click on JMS Resources > Connection factories.
1. Login to the admin server, click on JMS Resources > Connection factories.
2. Create a new JMS resource(eg: jms/Test with Resource type: javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory)
3. Click OK to create and the "RuntimeException" happens.
4. Clicking the Connection Factories to refresh will show the HTTP Status 500 error.
Due to this issue, users cannot administer the JMS resources from the Admin GUI.
This effect seems to happen after 126.96.36.199 (and is seen to persists to 188.8.131.52)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms