SQL Developer - ORA-12704 Error When Trying To Pull Up Materialized Views
Last updated on OCTOBER 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle SQL Developer - Version 4.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : Version 4.0.3 and above
SQL Developer - ORA-12704 error when trying to open or create Materialized Views
ORA-12704: character set mismatch
12704. 00000- "character set mismatch"
*Cause: One of the following
- The string operands(other than an nlsparams argument) to an
operator or built-in function do not have the same character set.
-String data with character set other than the database character set is passed to a built-in function not expecting it.
- The second argument to CHR() or CSCONVERT() is not CHAR_CS or NCHAR_CS
- A string expression in the VALUES clause of an INSERT statement, or the SET clause of an UPDATE statement, does not have the same character set as the column into which the value would be inserted.
- A value provided in a DEFAULT clause when createing a table does not have the same character set as declared for the column.
- An argument to a PL/SQL function does not conform to the character set requirements of the corresponding parameter.
Vendor code 12704
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. try to expand materialized view in the navigator.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms