A User Attribute Whose Name Has Extra White-Space Unexpectedly Removes All Other Attributes
(Doc ID 2055463.1)
Last updated on MAY 24, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Sites - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release FatWire]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In "Modify User Attributes" page of Admin UI, the user attributes unexpectedly vanish, if a new attribute is added whose name includes white-space.
When the issue occurs, it does not show any error in Admin UI but following unique constraint violation error is reported in sites log.
It occurs when adding a user attribute with extra white-space at the beginning or end of the attribute name (e.g. "mail ", " mail").
For example, you can see the issue with following steps with a built-in demo user:
- Login Admin UI
- Open "Admin" tab, then open [User Access Management]->[User]
- In "User" page, enter the user name "demo" and select "Modify User Attributes", then click [OK]
- In "Modify User" page, click the user name
- Add following 2 attributes to demo user, then click [Modify]
- Name: displayname / Value: demo
- Name: locale / Value: en_US
- Add an another attribute named "mail " ("mail" + white space) and click [Modify]
--> At this time, the attribute "mail " seems to be added without any issue.
- After step 6, click [Modify] again without any further change.
--> All attributes excepts the "mail " attribute which was added in step 6 (i.e. displayname and locale attributes added in step 5) are unexpectedly removed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document