How To Implement PAM Settings For NIS Users In Exalogic Environment?
(Doc ID 2059455.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud Software - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Oracle Virtual Server x86-64
This document provides information on how to implement PAM settings on NIS users in Exalogic environment.
Following is example of Security settings which are enforced on NIS users using PAM which are discussed in this Note.
- Deny login for any NIS user after 5 consecutive incorrect login attempts.
- User lockout for 600 seconds which is 10 minutes after 5 consecutive incorrect login attempts.
- Minimum password length of 10 characters for NIS users.
- Minimum of 1 lower case in password for NIS users.
- Minimum of 1 upper case in password for NIS users.
- Minimum of 1 numeric digit in password for NIS users.
- Minimum of 1 special character in password for NIS users.
- Fail password change attempt if 3 or more characters in new password are present in old password.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document