Using RelatedContent Component Allows an Item to be Linked to Itself
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Records Management
Using WCC with Records enabled (via custom installation > with just the Related Component enabled - no standard WCCREC/URM installation was ever enabled).
There are several ways to link a content item with many of them displaying a pop-up message "Cannot link item to itself. Please remove item from Section.”
However, when selecting the Action Button -> Link, there are no errors displayed and there is a "+" at the "Related Contents" section of the content.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
Login to UCM (with RelatedContent enabled)
- Select Content Info of a checked-in item
- Select the Related Contents link
- Select Link -> Link Existing Item
- Select the link menu option within the Content Information page
- In the Search Query builder window, specify Query to search for ContentID matching document uploaded in step 1 and click search
- Select Actions -> Link as shown below, and note that there is no pop up window with message “Cannot link item to itself. Please remove item from Section.” (as seen when linking with other options)
- "RELATED CONTENT ITEM:Related Contents " Page appears but no items listed
- Go to Content Info page of the content Item and see "+" beside "Related Contents". When selected, pulls up the RELATED CONTENT Item: Related Contents " Page with no item listed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms