Changing Permissions of Authenticated-User Role to View Documents in a Portal Causes Files Within a Folder To Be Moved To the Portal Root Folder
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The files of a space are moved and modified by weblogic user when the security permissions are modified.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Select Portals > Create Portal > Portal (Portal Template).
- In Create Portal select 'Private' in Access session and click 'Create' button.
- Click 'Administer your portal' and after click in 'Tools an Services'.
- Select 'Documents' option and click 'Edit Portal' and select 'Documents' tab.
- Click in 'Upload' button and upload some file inside the root folder.
- Click in 'File' and 'New Folder...' and create a new folder named 'test' and put some file inside this folder.
- Click in 'Administer Portal' link and click 'Security' menu.
- In Roles tab select 'Authenticated-User' and click 'Edit Permissions' button.
- In 'Edit Permissions for Authenticated-User' select 'View Documents' in 'Documents' session and click save button.
- Click in 'Edit Portal' again and 'Documents' tab.
At this point, the files were moved to root folder and modified by weblogic user.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms