Changing Permissions of Authenticated-User Role to View Documents in a Portal Causes Files Within a Folder To Be Moved To the Portal Root Folder
(Doc ID 2076671.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2020
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The files of a WebCenter Space are moved and modified by the weblogic user when the security permissions are modified.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Select Portals > Create Portal > Portal (Portal Template).
- In Create Portal select 'Private' in Access section and click 'Create' button.
- Click 'Administer your portal' and after click in 'Tools and Services'.
- Select 'Documents' option, then click 'Edit Portal' and select 'Documents' tab.
- Click 'Upload' button and upload some file inside the root folder.
- Click on 'File' > 'New Folder' and create a new folder named 'test' and put some file inside this folder.
- Click on 'Administer Portal' link and click 'Security' menu.
- On Roles tab select 'Authenticated-User' and click 'Edit Permissions' button.
- On 'Edit Permissions for Authenticated-User' select 'View Documents' in 'Documents' section and click save button.
- Click on 'Edit Portal' again and 'Documents' tab.
At this point, the files were moved to root folder and modified by weblogic user.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document