Unable to Change Folder for a Content Item When Checking in a new Revision
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An item is checked into WCC, but not checked into a folder. The item is then checked out, and a new revision is checked in. On the Checkin form for the new revision, a folder is selected. However, the item is not moved into that folder as confirmed by looking at the Content Information page after checking in the new revision.
Note that a folder can be set for the item by doing an Update on the item and selecting a folder then, but not when checking in a new revision.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Check in a content item with the folder metadata field blank.
2. Click on 'Content Information' page.
3. Click on 'Content Actions > Check Out'.
4. Click on 'Check In' button
5. In 'Check In Form', at 'Folder' field, click on 'Browse' button and select a folder.
6. Click on 'Check In' button.
7. In 'Check in Confirmation' window, click on 'View Content Information' page and notice that no 'Folder Path' exists.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms