Capture Imports the Email Message Body Only If No Attachments Are Present
(Doc ID 2103530.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Enterprise Capture - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Import Email with an attachment the following error occurs in the Capture Client.
Alternatively, Viewing the document in Imaging shows that the email message body is not included with the attachment image.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. After the email import, there is a batch in the Capture Client with the document labeled _Message_Body_.
2. The thumbnail shows as a blank page with a corner turned up.
3. Right-click on the document and the popup menu shows Release, Delete, and Show Errors options.
4. The error message is similar to "Cannot find file C:\Users\weblogic\AppData\Local\Temp\206\206.2 (file:///C:/Users/weblogic/AppData/Local/Temp/206/206.2).
5. Meanwhile, the attachment is converted to .TIF and is written to Imaging along with the Metadata file.
6. Apparently, the Message Body is being written to a directory where it can't be recovered from by Capture.
This can be caused by changes in the Email Server product used, changed IMAP4 protocol handling configuration of the email server, or a new vendor's documents not being processed correctly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!