Propagation Stops Completely When It Hits a Frozen Item
(Doc ID 2104814.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When propagating metadata values from a parent folder, propagation stops completely once it finds an RM frozen item in the folder.
- Enable and configure RM on a UCM server.
- Create a folder and check several items into the folder.
- Create a freeze by selecting Records -> Configure -> Retention -> Freezes. Select Add. Give it a Freeze Name, and click Create.
- Freeze one of the middle items in the folder (From the Content Info page, select Edit -> Freeze). Click Show All Freezes. Select the freeze you created, and click OK.
- In the folder, select Edit -> Propagate. Check the Comments box, type in a Comment, and click Propagate.
Any items looked at before it hits the frozen item will get the new comment. Once it hits the frozen item, propagation stops and the remaining unfrozen items are not changed.
It is expected that propagation should skip over frozen items, but continue to change the rest of the items that are unfrozen.
The log shows this right before stopping the propagation:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document