Focus Lost When Returning Back From a Modal Window Via The CANCEL button.
(Doc ID 2106071.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) - Version 5.0.0.00 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After 'cancelling' from a modal dialog window the focus is lost when returning to the 'calling' page. The issue seems to be an issue only when using the browser MS Internet Explorer (IE). Although testing this internally proved difficult to reproduce, using IE on a Windows 8 client machine shows the issue at will.
The issue can be reproduced using the packaged sample 'Database Application' which needs to be installed into your workspace.
- Run the packaged sample 'Database Application'
- Navigate to the customers pages (Page2)
- Edit a customer line by clicking on the 'Customer Name'. The customer Dialog window is shown.
- Get out of the the Dialog window by pressing the [CANCEL] button, which returns you to the Customers Interactive Report page, Page2.
- Put focus by clicking on the SEARCH string of the interactive report.
Notice the cursor is not present. Entering any keystrokes are not shown in the search string. To get the focus back you need to reload the page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document