WCCREC Physical Storage Space Not Released After Records Destruction with Disposition Action of Delete All revisions (Leave Metadata)
Last updated on DECEMBER 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content: Records - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : WCCREC/ URM Application with Physical Content Management
Physical Record destruction does not free up storage space when disposition Action of "Delete All revisions (Leave Metadata)" is implemented.
After disposition approval to destroy a physical item with "Delete All revisions (Leave Metadata)", the item is crossed out in the search results and the content information indicates the correct "Record Destroy Date", but the respective storage space was not released. The result is that new physical items cannot be added to the storage location as its still considered full.
After destruction (Delete All revisions - leave metadata), the storage space should be released and be available to add a new Physical item.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Set Disposition Action on a Physical Item to Destroy (Leave Metadata)
2. Search > Physical > Item ID or Box Number > Actions > Set Dates > Mark Reviewed
3. Records > Approvals > Pending Dispositions > Actions > List Disposition Folders and Content > Check those you want to approve > Click Approve
4. Records > Batch Services > Run All
5. Note that the item in the storage location is crossed off. However, it has not freed up the respective space in the storage location.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms