CSV or EXCEL Interactive Report Download Fails when ORDS Deployed to WLS
(Doc ID 2128216.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle REST Data Services - Version 3.0.1 and later
Oracle Application Express (formerly HTML DB) - Version 4.2.6.00 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Using the default mechanism to download an Interative Report (IR) from APEX in .CSV format:
2. ORDS 3.0.4 is deployed in WLS 12.1 and front ended by Oracle HTTP Server (OHS).
3. For extremely large IR downloads - some as large as 500,000 rows - the download fails.
4. OHS error thrown is: "Failure of Apache Bridge"
5. WLS logs show Error 503 at the 2 hour mark and indications of stuck threads
6. This failure did not occur with OHS using DAD configuration.
7. Download are slow with ORDS 3.0.4 in Standalone mode but download is eventually successful.
8. Various JDBC timeout related settings per the ORDS Blog have been tried with no success.
9. The issue does not happen with HTML download format.
Moved from Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) to ORDS 3.0.4 deployed on WLS 12.1.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document