'Incorrect Username Or Password Was Specified' Error When Call Oracle Forms 11gR2 Link In Portal11g with OAM SSO
Last updated on AUGUST 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Forms - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Portal : 220.127.116.11.0 version integrated with Forms 18.104.22.168.0 and OAM 22.214.171.124.0
When clicking a Oracle Forms URL link in Portal 11g, the following error occurs:
Incorrect Username or Password was specified
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Steps for scenario 1:
1. User calls a Portal page in web browser and is redirected to an oam osso_login page for authentication.
2. The user successfully authenticates with username/password.
3. The user is then presented with a Portal page.
4. User clicks an Oracle Forms link on the Portal page http://hostname:port/forms/frmservlet?config=sso&otherparams=p_app=DMS to launch custom Forms App from Portal.
5. The user is then redirected for a second time to the osso_login page and is requested to provide username and password.
6. User re-enters authentication details an error appears: "incorrect Username or Password was specified".
If user calls the same user calll http://hostname:port/forms/frmservlet?config=sso&otherparams=p_app=DMS directly in web browser and authenticates the Oracle Forms Apps is loaded fine.
Steps for scenario 2:
1.User calls Oracle Forms SSO URL directly in Web browser:
http://hostname:port/forms/frmservlet?config=sso&otherparams=p_app=DMS (same as link specified in Portal in scenario 1).
2. This redirects the user to an oam osso_login page for authentication.
3. User successfully authenticates and Oracle Forms application is loaded/launched successfully.
4. User can then portal page successfully in another web browser and this loads OK without any further authentication.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms