Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 188.8.131.52.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
High Response Time on Oracle Access Manager 11g (OAM) Requests
Having multiple services protected by OAM and one service is experiencing moderately high load from it's users (in OAM terms, many resource requests). During this load, users (after authentication) are experiencing high response time (30 seconds or more) on loading resource protected webpages. While users are experiencing this, seeing high response time on all OAM requests from all services that are protected by OAM resulting in slow authentication and authorization requests. This results in a slow application experience for users which start to manually refresh pages (f5) to see if pages load or not, resulting in even more load.
On both OAM servers seeing higher than average CPU load although they do NOT crash and don't run out of memory.
HA EDG Topology:
- 2 Nodes in DMZ as Web-tier with WebGates (DCC)
- 2 Nodes in Application tier with OAM, clustered with 1 managed server per node.
- 2 Nodes in Data tier with OUD, no clustering > replication between OUD's
- Oracle RAC with 2 nodes for policy + audit store database
- Services protected by OAM have WebGate on the HTTP server frontending the service configured. These WebGates handle authorization (Authentication takes place through Detached Credential Collector (DCC))
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms