Cannot Login to WebLogic Admin Console with IE 11 After Changing the Console's context-path in WebLogic Server 12.2.1
(Doc ID 2186033.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The bug fixes associated with patches herein are included in version 18.104.22.168
A user is not able to log in to the WebLogic Server (WLS) 12.2.1 Administration Console through Internet Explorer (IE) 11. The user is redirected back to the login form again. This issue does not happen when using Firefox (FF) or Chrome.
This issue occurs if the context path of WLS Administration Console has been changed.
The detailed steps are:
- Login to the WLS Admin Console and select [<domain-name>] -> [Configuration] -> [General] -> [Advanced (link)].
- Change the Console Context Path (example below) and activate the session:
Console Context Path: wlsconsole (changed from console)
Protect Console Cookie: checked (confirm if it's checked)
- Log off from the WLS Admin Console and restart the WLS Admin Server.
<Patch 22517628> was given for this but there continued to be an issue when configuring 'Configuration Audit Type' to value 'Change Log and Audit':
- Create a new WebLogic Domain with Enterprise Manager template.
- Start the admin server and use the Administration Console to configure 'Configuration Audit Type' to value 'Change Log and Audit'.
- Restart the admin server and then any attempt to log onto Admin Console with IE would fail.
The user can login to the Enterprise Manager (/em) first and use it to enter the WLS Console, (/console), but certain features will cause errors, such as 'Lock & Edit' ability and 'Security Realms' link. Further, using the Enterprise Manager to undo the 'Configuration Audit Type' change and restart the server. However this does not fix the Administration Console issues.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document