Last updated on JULY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A user is not able to log in to the WebLogic Server (WLS) 12.2.1 Administration Console through Internet Explorer (IE) 11. The user is redirected back to the login form again. This issue does not happen when using Firefox (FF) or Chrome.
This issue occurs if the context path of WLS Administration Console has been changed.
The detailed steps are:
- Login to the WLS Admin Console and select [<domain-name>] -> [Configuration] -> [General] -> [Advanced (link)].
- Change the Console Context Path (example below) and activate the session:
Console Context Path: wlsconsole (changed from console)
Protect Console Cookie: checked (confirm if it's checked)
- Log off from the WLS Admin Console and restart the WLS Admin Server.
<Patch 22517628> was given for this but there continued to be an issue when configuring 'Configuration Audit Type' to value 'Change Log and Audit':
- Create a new WebLogic Domain with Enterprise Manager template.
- Start the admin server and use the Administration Console to configure 'Configuration Audit Type' to value 'Change Log and Audit'.
- Restart the admin server and then any attempt to log onto Admin Console with IE would fail.
The user can login to the Enterprise Manager (/em) first and use it to enter the WLS Console, (/console), but certain features will cause errors, such as 'Lock & Edit' ability and 'Security Realms' link. Further, using the Enterprise Manager to undo the 'Configuration Audit Type' change and restart the server. However this does not fix the Administration Console issues.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms