Is Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11G R2 PS2 And PS3 Deployed In MDC Supported For Federation
(Doc ID 2186467.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 220.127.116.11.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11G R2 PS2 And PS3 Deployed In MDC Supported For Federation?
Is MDC supported for Federation?
Regarding the following two use cases, is it supported or not:
Use Case 1
• User is trying to login to application “<APP1>” hosted in <Data_Center_1>
• OAM instance in <Data_Center_1> is down
• Webgate for <APP1> sees OAM in 1 DC is down, hence, re-routes the authentication/authorization request to OAM in the secondary data center
Is this scenario supported with OAM 11gr2ps2?
Use Case 2:
OAM MDC Active-Active Support for Federation
Outcome of discussion:
• OAM supports MDC Active-Active for all authentication and Authorization federation requests, only exception is if an authentication request is initiated at <Data_Center_1> and in the process <Data_Center_1> goes down, then the end user will need to re-initiate the authentication request in which case the request will be routed to <Data_Center_2>.
• In this scenario there will be a slight impact to end user experience as they will be prompted to login twice.
Is global logout supported for federation?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document