Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version 18.104.22.168.0PSU-2016-03-27 17:16:31Z-r141595 (Build:22.214.171.124), Content Server
Dynamic Choice List(DCL) is not working when child fields are not included in the profile page. For DCL, if a parent field has multiple child fields depend on it, and if one of the child field is not included in the content profile page, DCL stopped working on updating the existing child field that is on the page.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a parent metadata field xDCLParent, and two child metadata fields xDCLChild1 and xDCLChild2
2. Define DCL 1, set xDCLChild1 to be dependent on xDCLParent
3. Define DCL 2, set xDCLChild2 to be dependent on xDCLParent
4. Include only DCL1 (xDCLParent and xDCLChild1 ) to a profile page but don't include xDCLChild2 to the profile page.
1. When change to selection of xDCLParent, the option list values of xDCLChild1 is not updating.
We did not have this issue with this build:
126.96.36.199.0-2015-04-14 07:19:29Z-r126792 (Build:188.8.131.52)
But we started to have this issue with these builds:
184.108.40.206.0PSU-2016-03-27 17:16:31Z-r141595 (Build:220.127.116.11)
18.104.22.168.0PSU-2016-06-10 00:15:12Z-r144416 (Build:22.214.171.124)
Upgraded from WCC version 126.96.36.199.0-2015-04-14 07:19:29Z-r126792 (Build:188.8.131.52) to WCC version 184.108.40.206.0PSU-2016-03-27 17:16:31Z-r141595 (Build:220.127.116.11) or higher.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms