Dynamic Choice List (DCL) Is Not Working When Child Fields Are Not Included In The Profile Page
(Doc ID 2191047.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version 220.127.116.11.0PSU-2016-03-27 17:16:31Z-r141595 (Build:18.104.22.168), Content Server
Dynamic Choice List(DCL) is not working when child fields are not included in the profile page. For DCL, if a parent field has multiple child fields depend on it, and if one of the child field is not included in the content profile page, DCL stopped working on updating the existing child field that is on the page.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a parent metadata field xDCLParent, and two child metadata fields xDCLChild1 and xDCLChild2
2. Define DCL 1, set xDCLChild1 to be dependent on xDCLParent
3. Define DCL 2, set xDCLChild2 to be dependent on xDCLParent
4. Include only DCL1 (xDCLParent and xDCLChild1 ) to a profile page but don't include xDCLChild2 to the profile page.
1. When change to selection of xDCLParent, the option list values of xDCLChild1 is not updating.
We did not have this issue with this build:
22.214.171.124.0-2015-04-14 07:19:29Z-r126792 (Build:126.96.36.199)
But we started to have this issue with these builds:
188.8.131.52.0PSU-2016-03-27 17:16:31Z-r141595 (Build:184.108.40.206)
220.127.116.11.0PSU-2016-06-10 00:15:12Z-r144416 (Build:18.104.22.168)
Upgraded from WCC version 22.214.171.124.0-2015-04-14 07:19:29Z-r126792 (Build:126.96.36.199) to WCC version 188.8.131.52.0PSU-2016-03-27 17:16:31Z-r141595 (Build:184.108.40.206) or higher.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document