java.lang.NullPointerException at oracle.jbo.server.DBTransactionImpl.addPendingEvent In JDeveloper 12.2.1
Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle JDeveloper - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While using ADFBC as EJB in JDeveloper 22.214.171.124.0, a NullPointerException is seen in the console logs. After running the JSF page and clicking on a button to display the data, data was shown but the following exception was seen in the log:
Steps to replicate issue
1. Unzip PendingEventErrorTestApp.zip
2. Start JDeveloper 12.2.1 and open the the PendingEventErrorTestApp.jws testcase
3. Expand Model project -->Application Sources --> com.pendingevent.model , then click on Model.jpx to edit it.
4. Edit the connection to reflect your database. The testcase uses hr schema
5. Run index.jsp
6. After the page is displayed, click on Employees button on the top right
7. The data appears on the screen correctly, but the NPE is also seen in the log at the same time.
8. Stop the application and then run it again if you are not able to see exception the first time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms