Unable To Access Database Objects Through the APEX GUI in DBaaS 12c
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Oracle SQL Developer - Version 4.0 and later
Oracle Application Express (APEX) - Version 4.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Database objects created from SQL Developer or SQLPlus cannot be seen through the APEX GUI in Database as a Service (DBaaS) / Database Cloud Service (DBCS). in the APEX Workspace.
1. Create schema from the EM console for the 12c database.
2. Connect through SQL Developer and create a table (TABLE1) in the new schema.
3. Create a workspace from APEX and assign new schema to the workspace:
4. Login in to workspace and select Object Browser from SQL Workshop menu.
5. No tables are displayed that is created from SQL Developer.
Same thing will happen if you create table in APEX and try to view that in SQL Developer.
When logged into SQL Developer, the following PDBs exist:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms