HttpClusterServlet May Lose Session Data After Fail-Over 4 or 5 Times Consecutively
Last updated on MAY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebLogic Server - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When customer performs a failover test with below set-up, intermittently they lose session data where their configuration uses HttpClusterServlet as frontend proxy.
Test Case and Set up details are as below :-
1. WebLogic Server 12.1.3, with a 6 member cluster with 2 machine domain.
2. HttpClusterServlet is used to proxy requests to the cluster (i.e front-end is HttpClusterServlet)
3. Deploy any simple sample application to the cluster; which will be accessed through the proxy.
4. Access the application and perform testing
5. Now, when application is being used - kill the Primary (i.e. WebLogic instance marked as Primary1 in session ID)
6. Keep killing the Primary on restart again
7. After 4 or 5 or few more fail overs; it is observed that session is lost mentioning below message in weblogic server logs :-
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms