History Variable Values Are Not Getting Stored
Last updated on JANUARY 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 10.1.3.5.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 Beta [Release 10gR3 to 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The history values of a variable with Action Historize or Latest value are not getting stored in the repository.
Due to this starting a scenario by picking up the latest value of the Variable feature is not working.
Reproduced the issue in 12c. Same issue is there in 10g and 11g as well.
1. Create a variable with DataType say alphanumeric and Action Historize.
2. Create a package with some step which uses a variable e.g PurgeLog and use the above variable for setting the Session_Name filter parameter.
3. Generate a scenario from the package and select the variable as startup parameter.
4. Create some sessions using say Beep tool.
5. Run the purge session log scenario by providing a value for the variable.
6. Run the purge session log again and this time do not pass the value explicitly. Instead use the Latest Value checkbox.It does not work.It purges all the sessions from the repository.
7. When you look at the variable editor in the History tab. It shows a record but there is no value for it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms