WebCenter Content re-indexing questions when adding a new WebCenter Imaging application to an existing WebCenter Imaging deployment
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding a new Imaging application to an existing WebCenter Imaging deployment, it is noticed that if an application is added with a reasonable number of fields, it causes WebCenter Content (WCC) to rebuild the search indexes. This is undesirable as this will be a significant impact on the existing environment.
1) Is there a way to add a new application without it causing re-indexing to occur?
2) While re-indexing is occurring, is it possible to use existing applications that make use of saved searches, or will these be unavailable?
3) It is found that it took 20 minutes to re-index a store with 10k documents in it. Based on this would it would take 5 days to re-index the 3.5M documents?
4) As an alternative to adding the application to the existing WCC store, can a new WCC schema be created and pointed to a new WCC managed server at it. Is this a recommended?
5) Are there any other recommendations or suggestions for how to approach deploying a new application to an existing WebCenter Imaging deployment, to avoid impacting the existing applications?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms