Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:Mobile Application Framework - Version 2.3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 2.3.3 version, JDeveloper IDE Extensions
Unable to install the Oracle MAF Extension (2.3.3) in JDeveloper (220.127.116.11.0) on MAC OS X running on a guest VirtualBox VM hosted on a MAC OS X host.
- OS version of the host machine: OS X (el Capitan 10.11.6 64 bit);
- OS version running on the VirtualBox VM: OS X (el Capitan 10.11.6 64 bit);
- VirtualBox version: 5.1.6 r110634 (Qt5.5.1);
- JVM version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.112-b16 mixed mode bsd-amd64 compressed oops).
After installing the MAF 2.3.3 extension, Jdeveloper is restarted and the MAF extension is being loaded, a fatal error is reported because of the JVM crash.
When running on a physical machine with the same setup, JVM and OS versions the issue does not occur.
The MAF extension should be loaded without showing issues.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open JDeveloper 18.104.22.168.0;
2. Install MAF 2.3.3 from file oracle.studio (min= 22.214.171.124.42.151011.0031, max= 126.96.36.199.99): JDeveloper restarts to complete the installation;
3. go to "Preferences -> MAF";
4. Load the MAF extension: a fatal error because the JVM crashes.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms