Profile Rule Using IdocScript to Set a Default Value Does Not Work for New Revisions
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A rule is created that sets the Release Date (dInDate) to the next day at 12 AM.
A profile is created that uses this rule.
Checking in a new item under this profile works correctly, and the Release date is set for the next day at 12 AM.
Going to the Content Info page for an item that had been checked in under this profile and selecting Check In Similar also works, and the Release date is set for the next day at 12 AM.
However, checking out an item that had been checked in under this profile and checking in a new revision does not work correctly. The new revision has the current time set for the Release Date rather than having the Date value applied by the rule.
To reproduce the issue:
1. Create a Rule that has this for the Default Value for dInDate:
<$dprDefaultValue = formatDateOnly(dateCurrent(1))$>
2. Create a Profile that uses this Rule.
3. Go to the Profile New Checkin page, and check in an item. This works correctly, and the Release date is set for the next day at 12 AM.
4. Go to the Content Info page for this item and select Check In Similar. This also works correctly, and the Release date is set for the next day at 12 AM.
5. Wait for one of the items to be released, or change the Release Date to today at 12 AM in Repository Manager so the item gets released.
6. Check out the released item and check in a new revision. note on the Checkin form, the profile field value is set correctly to the profile. However, the Release Date is not taking it's Default Value from the rule, and instead, it uses the current time for the Release Date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms