Oracle Access Manager 11g R2PS3 (OAM 126.96.36.199) Federation Not Working With PingFed As IdP
(Doc ID 2279228.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Access Manager - Version 188.8.131.52.170418 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle is not responsible for instructions/information from 3rd party sites that may be contained in this KM note.
We are trying to configure Oracle Access Manager 11g R2PS3 (OAM 184.108.40.206) as “Service Provider” and the IDP is Pingfed. We are trying to achieve SSO for a OAM protected application (which works fine with form based auth), using this Federation services. We have done the following steps as per the document (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E52734_01/oam/AIAAG/GUID-2A330373-129F-4C62-85FE-9615844FEA62.htm)
1) Go to service provider Management
2) Create an IDP partner, using meta data file provided by Ping fed (acting as an IdP)
3) Apply and click "Create authentication scheme and module"
4)This creates an authentication scheme and module, which should redirect the authn request to PingFed for a protected URL
5) I changed the authn scheme for my OAM protected url with the one created in Step (3)
6) Create an idp-attribute-profile to map to "uid" under above setup
Next, I sent the meta data file from configuration --> Federation setting ---> Export SAML 2.0 Meta data to IDP (Ping fed), so that they can complete the connection setup.
Now, when I hit the protected URL (SP-Initiated flow), it does not redirect to IdP for authentication.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document