Search results are not displayed for custom metadata fields on result page
(Doc ID 2282855.1)
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2022
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using custom classic view, search results are not displaying the custom metadata fields which use database view under description.
The database view concatenates two columns from a database table. This is happening on an intermittent basis on all major browsers.
Issue can be reproduced at will by following steps:-
1. Create a table with couple of columns BUT with no recommended columns added.
2. Create a view based on above table and entered Default Display Expression as follows:-
3. Add few values to the fields.
4. Create a metadata field which uses the above view.
5. Update the database design and published schema.
6. Add a new custom Classic View to display the custom metadata field under Customize Description Column created in step# 4
7. Check-in few content items with project codes and description.
8. Search does not return the Default Display Expression for the content items.
9. Although Content Info page shows correct values for the metadata field (which should display Project Description and Project Code).
This is ONLY happening under custom Classic View, rest display search results are as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document