Last updated on JULY 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using custom classic view, search results are not displaying the custom metadata fields which use database view under description.
The database view concatenates two columns from a database table. This is happening on an intermittent basis on all major browsers.
Issue can be reproduced at will by following steps:-
1. Create a table with couple of columns BUT with no recommended columns added.
2. Create a view based on above table and entered Default Display Expression as follows:-
3. Add few values to the fields.
4. Create a metadata field which uses the above view.
5. Update the database design and published schema.
6. Add a new custom Classic View to display the custom metadata field under Customize Description Column created in step# 4
7. Check-in few content items with project codes and description.
8. Search does not return the Default Display Expression for the content items.
9. Although Content Info page shows correct values for the metadata field (which should display Project Description and Project Code).
This is ONLY happening under custom Classic View, rest display search results are as expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms