VCS Merge Summary Report No Longer Reflects Actual ODI Respository Status After Restore
(Doc ID 2284820.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 126.96.36.199.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) 12c connected to Version Control System (VCS) Apache Subversion (SVN) after merging a changed object from branch into trunk, the merge summary and merge result correctly show the list of merged objects.
If the object is then restored to the original object in trunk, the merge summary of the previous merge can still be viewed and now shows an incorrect status since the object was restored.
Also, once the object has been restored, it is no longer possible to merge from branch since ODI doesn't recognize that the objects in branch have been restored and are no longer merged.
The merge summary should no longer exist after the restore.
To reproduce this issue:
- Create TRUNK ODI repository connected SVN.
- Create tag from trunk and create BRANCH.
- Connect to ODI BRANCH repository and populate from VCS branch.
- In BRANCH modify an object,for example a PACKAGE in FOLDER.
- Right-click on the object, select "Version" > "Subversion" > "Create VCS Version".
- Disconnect and connect to TRUNK repository.
- Merge the new version from branch: Team > VCS Actions > Merge > select "Branch"
- Observe the Merge Summary and Merge Result show the merged object(s)
- Restore the object: Right-click on the package - Version - Restore from VCS... - Select Version : select the initial trunk version (if there is more than one)
Observe that the object no longer has the modifications from branch
- Team - VCS Actions - Merge Summary
Open the last merge summary, notice that this no longer corresponds to the object in the repository
- Still in trunk ODI repository TRUNK, select again "merge" with "branch"
Observe that the merge summary report shows that there is nothing to merge. The object in trunk is still the original one as seen in SVN trunk, but not the one from the branch as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document