Checkout And Open (COAO) Fails if Framework Folders Is Enabled and Item Has Custom Date Field Value
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Content - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checkout and Open (COAO) fails if Framework Folders is enabled and the item has a custom date field value.
The item can be opened in COAO, but it cannot be saved.
The error references the custom date field:
Disabling Framework Folders resolves the issue.
To Reproduce Issue:
1. Make sure Framework Folders is enabled.
2. Create a custom Date field and Update Database Design in Config Manager.
3. Check in a Word document, and set a value for the custom Date field on the checkin form.
4. When the item is Released, go to the Content Info page for the item. Select Edit to open it with COAO.
5. Make a change to the Word document and click Save. You'll see in Word that the item could not be saved, and Content Server log shows the full error.
Further testing shows:
Issue happens in both Firefox and IE.
No issue just checking out the document and checking in a new revision through the browser, without using COAO.
No issue if the checked in file does not have a value set for the custom Date field.
No issue if Framework Folders is disabled.
Issue happens again as soon as Framework Folders is re-enabled.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms