Published Content Not Getting Reflected On All The Delivery Nodes in Sites 12c Multi-Server Load Balancing Architecture
Last updated on JULY 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Sites - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a "Multi-Server Load Balancing Architecture" configuration, after publishing the content, it is reflected immediately on the primary delivery node, but not reflecting on the secondary delivery node.
Sites 12c setup (diagram attached):
LB --> 2 Nodes --> shared fs/shared DB
• Each node has its own IP/Hostname and hosted on separate physical servers in the same subnet.
• Each node hosts its own domain with one AdminServer and one Managed Server
• The domains on each node are named the same but they are distinctly separate domains.
• Each domain has their own datasources configured, but they are using the same schema user name, thus they share schema tables, including the OPSS tables.
• Both Managed Servers are using a shared file system location, but they are not sharing the config files, such as wcs_properties.json, host.properties, etc.
• Each Managed Server is using its own deployment Sites and CAS war files, where Stage Mode = stage (yes, they are not using nostage mode)
• Their *-cache.xml files are configured for multicast communication.
• Node 1 is the publishing target server. Publishing is successful to Node 1 and cache is successfully updated on Node 1 only.
• Node 2 assets/cache repositories are not updated automatically with the publishing process. However, if Node 2 has the entire cache repository manually flushed, only then will Node 2 pick up the asset changes.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms