"Page Not Found" Error Reported When External Link is Accessed from Navigation
Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Navigation menu is added to a Page Template as Sub Menu. From this Sub Menu, links to external urls fail if accessed after a link to (an internal) Page.
Following error is reported:
Page Not Found...
The page you requested is not found.
Symptoms can be replicated after completing the steps under Changes section and executing the steps below:
1. Access Portal
2. In the Menu, access one of the external links (like www.oracle.com). Notice, these external links open up sites in a new window/tab.
3. In Menu, access one of the internal links (like links to Pages within the Portal). These internal/Page links open up in the same window using the current Page Template.
After step 3, access link as in step 2.
Notice, the external web site does not display anymore. Instead, "Page Not Found..." error is displayed to the user.
1. Create a Navigation model in Portal with Links to both internal (page links within the Portal) and external (outside the Portal like www.oracle.com)
2. Add the Navigation model to a Page Template to be displayed as a menu
Example: Navigation model snippet added to template
3. Create a Page using the newly created Page Template
4. View Page and verify navigation using the newly added menu (navigation mode) on it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms