A Delay of 30 Seconds Occurs at the OHS end When Weblogic Sends Back a 302 Response Code
(Doc ID 2297497.1)
Last updated on MAY 26, 2020
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In 12.2.1.x release , when mod_wl_ohs is used to proxy requests from OHS to weblogic, a delay of 30 seconds is observed for obtaining the response, when Weblogic send back 302 response code.
No delay is seen if weblogic server responds back with HTTP status 200. Also, the delay happens once the requests goes out of weblogic server i.e. the plugin processing time.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Install 184.108.40.206. infrastructure into a new ORACLE_HOME
2) Install 220.127.116.11 OHS into the same ORACLE_HOME
3) Run the configuration wizard to create a co-located OHS ( associated to a new 18.104.22.168 weblogic domain)
4) Deploy sample application that can generate a 302 response code, to any managed server
5) Configure OHS plugin ( mod_wl_ohs) to route requests of this application to this MS
6) Modify the logformat of the OHS to be the below ( aded %T (secs) to get the response time
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document