Accessing WebCenter Content from WebCenter Portal Framework Application Shows Error "The Document Service Is Unavailable"
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user tries to access WebCenter Content (WCC) from a Oracle WebCenter Portal (WCP) Framework application, this error occurs:
The Document service is unavailable
These steps reproduce the issue:
1. From Portal Resource Center of Portal, General tab shows : "The Documents service is unavailable. Unexpected error."
2. From Portal Resource Center of Portal shows: "The Documents service is unavailable. Unexpected error."
Pop up Windows Information displays:
Message for this page are listed below.
1. Unable to open the editor.
2. You do not have permission.
3. Please refresh to see the latest content (View > Refresh Content).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms