Navigating Between Pages Causes the Movable box to Forget its Last State (Expanded / Collapsed)
(Doc ID 2312398.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Movable Box Component does not remember the state (collapsed/expanded) when navigating away from the page, and coming back to it.
The WebCenter Portal diagnostic log file shows the following error:
[oracle.dfw.incident] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: weblogic]
[ecid: 4ed255c0-b6f3-4fac-9671-ce85b63b8089-00003402,0] [APP: webcenter] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL]
[DSID: 0000LTKrAH7Fw000jzwkno1NsiKz000007] incident flood controlled with Problem Key "ADFC-00032 [ADFc]"
[2016-09-23T02:51:08.222+00:00] [WC_Portal1] [NOTIFICATION] 
[oracle.adf.share.mds.MDSTransManagerClientExceptionLogger] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default
(self-tuning)'] [userId: weblogic] [ecid: 4ed255c0-b6f3-4fac-9671-ce85b63b8089-00003402,0]
[APP: webcenter] [partition-name: DOMAIN] [tenant-name: GLOBAL] [DSID: 0000LTKrAH7Fw000jzwkno1NsiKz000007]
Exception set on MDSTransManager by the client. Client exception will cause final flush to fail[[
oracle.adf.share.mds.MDSTransException: Attempt to call MDSTransManager.reset() for MDS Session with unflushed changes.
MDSTransManager will perform the cleanup by invoking postFlushException listeners and cancelling MDSSession changes
Expect the movable box to remember its latest state.
if it was expanded it should remain expanded.
If it was collapsed it should remain collapsed.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Connect to WebCenter Portal.
- Create a new Portal.
- Create 2 pages based on the blank template.
e.g.: Page1 and Page2
- Add an Image component to Page1.
- Set the Image Component to display an image.
- Add a movable box component to the page and move the image inside the movable box.
- Save the page changes.
- View the Portal.
- Go to Page1 and View the image (Movable Box expanded).
- Collapse and Expand the Movable Box one time and be sure to leave the movable box expanded so the image can be seen.
- Navigate to Page2 and get back to Page1.
Confirm the Movable box is still expanded and showing the image.
- Keep switching between pages using and while doing that either collapse or expand the Movable box and you will see that at some point it stops remembering whether box was expanded or collapsed.
Once that happens you will see that you expand the movable box and navigate to other page and get back and the movable box is collapsed.
So the movable box is no longer remembering the previous state (Expanded in this case).
At this time you should see the error in the WebCenter Portal diagnostic log file.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!