ODI SVN: "Version Compare Results" Finds Differences for Logical Schema Objects
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Data Integrator - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In a branch Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) repository created from full tag of trunk, after populating the branch repository from Apache Subversion (SVN) and then then selecting "Compare with Last Version", the "Version Compare Results" dialog incorrectly shows differences in Topology highlighting logical schema objects. The same may occur for other types of objects, ie "folders" or "mappings".
- Login to "trunk" type repository, create a full tag.
Select ODI Studio menu Team > VCS Actions > Create Full Tag...
- Create "branch" in SVN.
Select ODI Studio menu Team > VCS Actions > Create Branch from Tag...
- Login to new empty work repository, associate with SVN and configure it as the branch from previous steps.
ODI Studio menu Team > Switch Versioning Application
ODI Studio menu Team > Settings > Edit Connection
ODI Studio menu Team > Settings > Configure...
- Import all objects from SVN.
Select ODI Studio menu Team > VCS Actions > Populate ODI Repository from VCS
- Once the import is done, go to the "Topology" tab and right-click on a "Technology", ie "File"
Select Version - Version History
Select the "Compare Versions" icon in the "Version Search Criteria"
- Observe that the "Version Compare Results" dialog incorrectly shows items listed. The differences shown are for logical schema objects.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms