WebCenter Portal SES Search Returns Additional Facet
(Doc ID 2313168.1)
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 184.108.40.206.160419 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Search results in WebCenter Portal configured with SES and custom facets returns duplicate facet.
This behavior was tested and reproduced with Portal 220.127.116.11, Portal 12.2.1 and SES 18.104.22.168.6.
These are the steps and configuration needed to reproduce the behavior:
A. Content Server Configuration and actions
1. Login as weblogic to http://host:16200/cs/.
2. Select Administration->Admin Applets->Configuration Manager.
3. Create two additional fields e.g. BUCKSECTION and BUCKSUBSECTION, both as Long Test, enabled and searchable.
4. Browse content and add values to the fields on one or two documents in UCM.
5. Ensure that the Repository Manager->Indexer has picked up the changes to the documents.
B. SES Server Configuration and actions
Login as searchsys to http://host:8001/search/admin.
1. Global Settings->Search->Facets.
2. Create a facet for each of the above new fields.
Facet Name Facet Type Attribute
~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Project Documents String XBUCKSECTION
Project Documents - Subset String XBUCKSUBSECTION
3. Home->Schedules. Select the Oracle Content Server Schedule and press start.
C. WebCenter Portal Configuration and actions
Login as a Portal Administrator to http://hostname:port/webcenter.
1. Administer a portal.
2. Tools and Services->Search->Facets.
3. Move the two new facets across to be included in the search results.
4. Press Save.
5. View the portal and search to bring back results that include the amended documents above.
Portal brings back an additional facet that has the title of Project Documents and the contents of Project Documents - Subset.
Note that running the same search in SES doesn't return the additional facet.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!