WebCenter Portal SES Search Returns Additional Facet
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle WebCenter Portal - Version 188.8.131.52.160419 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Search results in WebCenter Portal configured with SES and custom facets returns duplicate facet.
This behavior was tested and reproduced with Portal 184.108.40.206, Portal 12.2.1 and SES 220.127.116.11.6.
These are the steps and configuration needed to reproduce the behavior:
A. Content Server Configuration and actions
1. Login as weblogic to http://host:16200/cs/.
2. Select Administration->Admin Applets->Configuration Manager.
3. Create two additional fields e.g. BUCKSECTION and BUCKSUBSECTION, both as Long Test, enabled and searchable.
4. Browse content and add values to the fields on one or two documents in UCM.
5. Ensure that the Repository Manager->Indexer has picked up the changes to the documents.
B. SES Server Configuration and actions
Login as searchsys to http://host:8001/search/admin.
1. Global Settings->Search->Facets.
2. Create a facet for each of the above new fields.
Facet Name Facet Type Attribute
~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Project Documents String XBUCKSECTION
Project Documents - Subset String XBUCKSUBSECTION
3. Home->Schedules. Select the Oracle Content Server Schedule and press start.
C. WebCenter Portal Configuration and actions
Login as a Portal Administrator to http://hostname:port/webcenter.
1. Administer a portal.
2. Tools and Services->Search->Facets.
3. Move the two new facets across to be included in the search results.
4. Press Save.
5. View the portal and search to bring back results that include the amended documents above.
Portal brings back an additional facet that has the title of Project Documents and the contents of Project Documents - Subset.
Note that running the same search in SES doesn't return the additional facet.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms