Oracle HTTP Server Fails to Start with the Error "Cannot connect to Node Manager. : Unsupported record version SSLv2Hello"
(Doc ID 2314432.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HTTP Server - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While trying to start 12c Oracle HTTP Server, it fails to start with the error "Error: Error occurred while performing nmConnect : Cannot connect to Node Manager. : Unsupported record version SSLv2Hello"
Complete stack is as below:
Issue can be reproduced using below steps:
1. Install Oracle HTTP Server 12c where FMW 11g installation is up and running.
2. 12c NodeManager is using the same port as 11g NodeManager
3. Change 12c NodeManager port in nodemanager.properties file
4. Start NodeManager 12c using command
5. Start Oracle HTTP Server using command
6. You will notice above mentioned errors while starting OHS.
Oracle HTTP Server 12c is installed in the same machine where 11g FMW instance is up and running and 12c NodeManager port is same as 11g NodeManager port.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document